Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 41: BACK FROM THE DEAD

HEY EVERYONE;;

IT'S BEEN A WHILE!!

This has to be so fast, so let's just give you the highlights!


I TRANSFERRED ;

I am now in the city! My area is called 東 (Higashi) (He Gaw Shee)

NEW COMPANION ;

Announcing.......


SISTER OLD VALLEY 

FACT SHEET :

She's adorable
She's Japanese
Her English is actually pretty good, so it's all lax over here
She looks like the Asian version of Kiera Knightly
She plays the ukulele, and she's totally pressuring me into buying one too

And that's all you need to know!

NOW LET'S GET YOU CAUGHT UP ON THE PAST FEW WEEKS

We play ping pong here!
 
One time we moved a billion boxes of cans of health drink from one grandma's house to another grandma's house. Don't tell anyone, but they were coffee flavored... Contraband!
I played sports for the first time in my life. District activity. Yeah, as expected, I'm really bad.
MY MISSION PRESIDENT (Native Japanese, speaks English) used the word "DICHOTOMY" in our interview. I was so impressed.

We ate Hokkaido's (the island I'm on) most famous meal, Ghengis Khan, which is just what they call lamb. The meat gives off such a delicious odor when you cook it, that you literally put your outer ware clothes in plastic bags before you cook it. So you don't smell like delicious meats. Well, if you want dogs to follow you home, you don't have to, but... Pets aren't allowed for missionaries...


Ate sushi twice in one day. Went out for pday lunch to a place where the fish on top was easily two or three times bigger than the rice. My companion from Honshu was very happy about "Hokkaido Size" (Hokkaido is like the Texas-Alaska of Japan.) Then we get home and our investigator calls us and is like "Let's go out for sushi tonight!" Fine with me!

Made brownies with our mission president's wife at the mission home. Passed them out to our investigators and less active members. They also fed us lunch. Our mission president makes a mean pulled pork sandwich.


The first person me and my new companion visited had the TINEST genkan (Genkan - the place where you take off your shoes before entering a home. As a missionary, you stare here a lot and talk when people won't actually let you in. Well, if you're lucky. Usually you don't even make it into the genkan!) ANYWAY, we were in a new member's TINY EENSY WEENSIE genkan for oh about an hour just chatting and all the sudden I felt WEIRD. Hot, then dizzy, then woo, when I started feeling nauseous mid-conversation I just grabbed my companion and was like "let's goooo nowwwww." Made it through the closing prayer and stumbled out of there. Made use of the word vomit in Japanese, glad I learned that vocab word. Stumbled around half-running through the city while my companion found me a place to sit, which ended up being a community gym. Laid on a table watching old ladies have teatime gossip time after tennis practice until the dizziness went away enough to walk home. Sleep until it was dark, then sleep again. No idea what happened, but I am so glad I didn't vomit in that man's genkan........

AND THAT'S ALL I GOT!


We missed our train and now we got to figure something else out...

Here's a picture of my planner with the train in my background!

LOVE YOU!!!

GOODNIGHT!



ALSO I WENT TO A POKEMON CENTER. MORE ON THAT LATER.





No comments:

Post a Comment