Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 39: Where, Oh Where Could Sister Stewart Be?

The title of my blog this week is the question you all should be asking yourselves Thursday morning (my time) because IT'S TRANSFERS PEOPLE, AND NOT EVEN I CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION!

We get transfer calls tomorrow (or tonight, if you are training, and I will not be doing such) and it's really looking like I'm due for a transfer! If you haven't been keeping up, I am still in my first area.  Been 6 months in my darling little 旭川 and I am sad, sad, sad to leave it, but alas, we must press on!

And if I don't transfer, it will be quite awkward. I already said my goodbyes. I'll have to come to church next week with a disguise and pretend to be Sister Stewbard instead...


In other news, I went to the zoo (again.) Should have really shelled out for the year pass... I'll be counting my shekels from here on out...


There's lots of good stories to tell but I can't think of a clever way to string them together so I'm just going to jump in.


I WAS PRESENT AT 5 CONCERTS THIS WEEK!!

1 ) While housing, a grandma, who is a tutor for some fancy, ancient Japanese singing style that even 中澤姉妹, who I was on splits with, couldn't read, sang for us. Then told us to leave... But apparently you usually have to shell out the big bucks to hear that style of music so WOW!!

2 ) That same day, while visiting some investigators, we got the grandpa to sing some old folk song about Asahiwaka and I LOVED IT.

3 ) At the same investigators house, me and 中澤姉妹 performed a duet of Families Can Be Together Forever with ukulele accompaniment. Yes, we are that fancy.

4 ) I got one of my favourite members, who accidentally said that she was good at singing Japanese folk style, to sing for us. She was embarrassed, but MAN, JAPANESE FOLK MUSIC IS SO COOL.

5 ) At the zoo all of the wolves started howling together... A little different, but still a musical performance!


TWO PEOPLE MADE ME DO STRETCHES THIS WEEK!!

1 ) That same old man who performed for us.

2 ) My 63 year old best friend and investigator who was in a famous dance group.

I promised them I would stretch every day! Still have yet to make good on that promise...


THIS ONE DOESN'T HAVE A LIST, 

But when we were leaving that old couples house (singing and stretching) they made us take round three of our dessert course on the go and we were a little late so we were running through the snow with little pancake crepe waffle things in our hands and I thought it was super funny.

Just imagine two girls in skirts running through the night on ice-covered sidewalks holding little pancake crepes.


AND I AM NOT GOING TO LIST THEM,
But I have said so many goodbyes this week! 

Some of them have been really sad, But all of them have included me very seriously admonishing people to friend me on Facebook. 

I even got one to follow my Instagram! (63 year old bestie coming in clutch)

HERE IS ME SAYING GOODBYE TO MY EIKAIWA FLOCK 

MY CUTE LITTLE PUNKS (they respect me)


Well I have nothing else interesting to say except the other day someone literally calculated my bill on one of those Asian counter things man I can't think of the word but I have a picture.


And he had a calculator right next to him. 

(I don't know if I told you about this guy, but he is a grandpa who runs the art store and he has hiked Everest, is apart of a "Churchill Club," and apparently is the most respectable firefly of all of Hokkaido (yeah, I got no clue either, but he was so funny))



ANYWAY

My ride is here (our Ward Mission Leader is taking us up the the Blue Lake which is now the White Lake because it is almost certainly frozen over) so I best be on my way!


GOODBYE 

Talk to you next week from another church building in Hokkaido!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment