Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 46: They Tell Me It's Easter

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO MY LIFE IN HOKKAIDO, JAPAN !!

Hey yo there was transfers! Thought I would stay in Moiwa BUT NO, shocker! Got transferred right outta there. Good thing I was too lazy to fill out my "Get to Know Your Missionary!" paper for the ward because looks like I won't be needing it!

Also I got to transfer alone. Meaning sans companion. And for those of you who don't know Latin that means without a companion. WOO! I got really lost and almost left the train station but eh, it's whatever!  Was fun being alone for like 10 minutes. Haha, missionary life.

Transferred to a place called Shinoro and it feels like America! The roads are huge and there are FIELDS!!! It literally feels so nice.

Good place!
(A video of my new area taken from the train)

UM, what else to say but transfers are the worst because I HATE PACKING. But whatever! I'm with my like best buddy in the mission! We've been in the same zone or district the whole time, and I've been on splits with her loads. She's like the tiniest and most fabulous little Japanese 24-year-old you could ever meet and we're besties. Only bad part is I'm dead tired all the time because we end up staying up for hours talking about Disneyland and CSI....... ;)

My first day in the area we DECORATED LIKE CRAZY. 

Made a billion of these thing, which Japan was doing way before Pinterest was BTW

Made the Elders blow up the balloons #Classic ... also look how they're not even doing that...
We did a good job, guys.
THEN WE HID A BUNCH OF CANDY.  
Here's kids finding it.  
(Low-key seizure warning)

And then we decorated eggs and ate them.



AND THEN THE NEXT DAY IT WAS EASTER!!

Or at least that's what they tell me...

Totally forgot it was Easter until I looked at my planner that night. That's what happens when you can't understand the talks at church, people. It could have been Christmas and I wouldn't have had a clue! But, hey, at least I'm a tiny bit literate now. I read the word "texture" on a bag of chips the other day. Well, I couldn't read it out loud. So no, I couldn't actually read it, but I knew it meant "eating feeling" so if that's not reading I don't know what is.

Also this week we taught the Law of Chastity to this cool couple that are our investigators. My comp was in a literal panic of awkward, it was hilarious. But like hey, when we were like "So one of you can either move out or just get married or something," and they were like "hmm, yeah we kinda wanna get married anyway!" Well shucks, okay. We're already planning their baptism-wedding reception extravaganza. Well, only in our heads... they don't have a baptismal date... yet!


That about wraps it up folks! Oh, PS, sleeping on the floor for over half a year is really starting to take its toll on my back. Yay.


Pictures!


It's still snowing.



My companion found a bug in her pistachio and we almost cried. (Not included in photo)





This was from Moiwa. We always said this elder was like Simba from Lion King... was never really sure why...


My companion is going to open a cafe and she wants me to paint Jesus on the wall and yes that is a fat stack of BOMs on the shelf back there because she's that cute. We've got plans, people. Plans.


Speaking of plans...



BYE BYE!! 


OH, SO THAT WAS LAST WEEK

This is all I have for this week.

Taught them how to check out.

Look how awkward my ward mission leader is. 



THAT'S ALL, BYE!!!





1 comment:

  1. Mackenzie, you are the cutest! I LOVE hearing all about your mission adventures! !

    ReplyDelete