Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Week 23: ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Yo, yo, yo!

Or rather, if I may, snow, snow, snow!

Because that's legit what's up (and down, and all around.)

It's already up to mid-calf and it's barely November! :)


This week I had some new ICEperiences!

Literally the first time I have ever shoveled snow.
This picture was from the beginning of the week. There's much more snow now, which is why we shoveled the whole church parking lot (can I get a woot woot?)
And then (this is the titular story of this blog post) the new missionary, straight from the MTC, totally biffs it as he's running the snow shovel across. He catches it on the ground, and he is literally flung from the bars into the snow in front of him. We didn't catch it on film, but here's a picture of the aftermath to remember it by.
It was snow funny.


And the moment I personally have been waiting for: MY FIRST SNOWMAN
Yeah, okay, not anyone's best work, but the bus came and I was still in the piling stage so I had to slap a smile on it and call it good.

This week a member took us to a planetarium (which is closed on pday, but we were able to go because there was an investigator theorem ka-chinggg) And, that day, I just so happened to be wearing my CONSTELLATION SOCKS. So on point with that one.

Two groups of teenagers took pictures of us because we're white :)

This week we made a new friend. This tiny girl coming home from school while we were going house to house started following us, so we talked to her and she gave us candy, and told her to come and meet her mom. Every missionary's dream situation. Turns out her mom had come to the church Christmas party last year, so she was totally up to talk to us, and she will be coming to this year's as well!

That little girl was so cute when we told her about our English Conversation Classes for kids, and she was just BEGGING her mom to go. So. Cute. 
I tried to translate a text we got from one of our investigators who thinks we can read kanji. Can't read kanji, can't read the translation.

A picture from last week! This is the remains of my missionary training booklet.  And turns out next week's Zone Training homework is from the same book....(I never do the homework anyway)
That's all I got!

BYEBYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment